Friday, December 1, 2006

Knitting

i remember an sms exchanged with a dear friend..it was something like...
*tak sangka simah yg brutal boleh mengait!*
hahahahahahah Yup! believe it friend! hahaha it never cross my mind either!

But after the death of the family wool knitter (Anne..my late mom in law-Al fatihah)..it left me with this sense of emptiness. I was panicked. Who will knit sweaters in winter for my kids?? I was panicked. I had always taken it for granted that Anne would be alive forever..and that at least until my kids r all grown up, i would be depending on her.. Her sudden death left a lot of void in everyone's heart..and can u imagine? in that sadness.. next to the fact of losing someone so dear.. i was thinking who would knit sweaters for my kids?????? How crazy is that???

I was panicked.. i asked Mahture Yenge's help to teach me the art of knitting..Before that, i had never hold the wool or that long two thing (what do they call that in english) to knit.. never..It took me ages..countless trips to the second floor to ask yenge on how to do the simple knitting.. Muyessa Yenge was also a big help..whenever Mahture Yenge was not around.. i could always count on Muyessa Yenge for help.. And later..Özlem's mom also came into picture as one of my knitting teachers..

I somehow learnt.. but not really.. i learnt different patterns..n i kept ..keep forgetting them everytime that ..if i wanna knit something..a pattern..i have to ask yenge to show me how..yeah.. i have got badddddd memory.. my knitting quality is far far from perfect.. i cannot knit perfectly like all my 3 teachers.. trust me... if they look at my knitting in detail..they will find loads of flaw..they (esp mahture Yenge hehehe) had even ask me to undo my knitting many times hahahha.. what can i say? i cannot sit for a longggggg time in one go to do the knitting.. i just dont have the talent for this knitting thing.. n to produce a sweater for example..it can take me months!!! Yup! i am that bad!!

Why not safe the effort and time n just buy the ready made ones? Well..that is a good option..w do buy ready made ones..but while the kids r still small.. i want them to wear something i knit myself..no matter how not nice they look like.....Winter is here.. i have to start knitting again..Something i started ages ago.... hatice's own choice of color is almost finished.. i need to buy the button n then she can wear it... it has a design at the middle part but i think the camera cannot catch that pattern here.. the butterfly is the iron on thing..
Baddin's decoration of his cat n my wolf


Yup!! it is PİNK!! hahahaha


Baddin is waiting for his turn now.. after his long sleeves sweater..i have to knit the short sleeves one for both of them.. but before that..i may need to knit the socks (patik).. very useful indeed esp in cold winter to protect their feel from cold while sleeping..wish me luck!!


Have A nice Weekend EVerybody!

I will leave u with hatice's hand knitted wool sweater..Can u guess baddin's wool color choice??

Thank You for hopping by...Hope to see u again the next time..

14 Comments:

Blogger Lollies said...

mak oi terernya. cantik betul. boleh buat juallah.

i lagilah oh dah winter. jom beli sweater bebudak. that is jari bangku for you

December 1, 2006 at 1:27:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah keep it up!I used to knit myself before whenever I go on holiday to cold places I knitted my own sweaters but now dah malassssssss...beli lagi murah.I knitted toys like snake,turtle and bear say abt 30 yrs ago.....haha

December 1, 2006 at 2:09:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

oh lupa and my little booties been worn by many babies....hehehe

December 1, 2006 at 2:11:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Mama Sarah said...

dear simah, you are one very gifted person. MasyaAllah. You can speak and write in Turkish. You can knit despite holding the title 'minah brutal'. Well done you!

December 1, 2006 at 2:58:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger simah said...

rozi
****
kalau beli pattern dan kekadang lagi murah..i saja ja kait.. dulu i used it as a form of theraphy..tapi sekarang i just got sooo lazy to knit :0)

thanks 4 visiting my blog :0)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kak elle
******
ur booties ada lagi? caya la :0)
u knit toys? mana akak belajar semua ni akak? mak akak ker ajar? it must be fun to be able to knit toys..

memang yg ready made tu kekadang murh dari mengait...iyea la mass production kan? orang zaman zaman generation dulu diaorang saya tengok kebanyakannya terrer mengait.. diaorang belajar dari kecik..tapi the generation now (my age)ramai yg tak reti..semua beli ready made.. cuma segelintir yg tau..it is a dying thing i am afraid..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mama sarah
********
shhhh... jangan cakap i can speak n write in turkish.. coz hatice speaks better than i!! heheheh i only form understandable conversation aja :0)

And YES! minah brutal ni boleh mengait!! hahahahahahahha

December 2, 2006 at 8:37:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fulamak, ni macam sweater untuk jual ajer;) I'm guessing Badin's one will be blue, betul tak?:)

December 2, 2006 at 12:06:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger sue said...

cayalah simah, pandai serba-serbi..apa lagi yg u tak buat..hmm, singing in this blog for us..hahahah

December 2, 2006 at 12:14:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah I tak belajar just read from book....but when I was a little girl about 6 or 7 yrs old I watched arwah my aunt doing it and watch and from there I learn how to knit and purl ....only yrs later in my 20's I tried doing it and alhamdulillah pick up from there.

December 2, 2006 at 12:50:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hazia
*****
asalkan sweater tu boleh pakai udah :0)..i dah tambah butang bentuk love kat sweater tu..:0)

baddin's one nanti will be his fav color..that is kırmızı in turkish.. *r- -* in English and *m----* in malay..boleh teka tak?

p.s..comment box hilang lagi :0)
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sue
****
woit.. peli ka hahahaha..i tunggu u nyanyi dalam blg u dulu hahahah

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kak elle
*******
u r one really talented lady la akak..

saya punya otak ni tepu betul sampai yenge kena ajar berpuluh kali..tu pun tak betul lagi :0)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

December 2, 2006 at 2:07:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Mama Rock said...

WOW! what can i say, you impress me girl! sib baik mesia ni tak sejuk, else would have asked you to knit one for me :)

December 4, 2006 at 4:53:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Wow! WOW! WOWWWWW!!! Cantiknye .... memang tak sangka. Untunglah Hatice dapat Anne yang rajin macam ni. I could never get the hang of knitting ... bukan tak pernah cuba :P

December 4, 2006 at 5:36:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger simah said...

mama rock
******and u may need to wait a year or two before i even start knitting! hhhehehehe.. bila dah ada blog ni..nak knit pun susah sikit.. blog menarik ke pc :0)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Queen of the House
******************
knitting takes a lot of patience..saya pun kekadang mcm rasa nak baling ja the wool masuk tong sampah *chuckles*..it takes a long time for me to finish a product.. but i do try to finish it :0)

December 5, 2006 at 1:19:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, air max, gucci outlet, louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap uggs, oakley sunglasses cheap, nike free, prada outlet, ugg outlet, tiffany and co, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren, ugg boots clearance, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, rolex watches, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, air max, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses

February 29, 2016 at 5:33:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger oakleyses said...

converse, abercrombie, louis vuitton, canada goose, toms shoes, sac lancel, pandora charms, ray ban, rolex watches, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose uk, barbour, canada goose, swarovski, louis vuitton uk, ugg pas cher, thomas sabo, vans, juicy couture, barbour, ugg, coach outlet store online, canada goose, moncler, ugg boots, air max, sac louis vuitton, karen millen, gucci, ugg, moncler, ugg, moncler, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, wedding dresses, canada goose, links of london, converse shoes, moncler, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler, montre homme, pandora jewelry, hollister, swarovski crystal

February 29, 2016 at 5:44:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home