Friday, September 21, 2007

Empty Nest Syndrome

2nd day of school..3 cousins waiting for the school service..


And off they went!


The first day of school.. hatice entering the first grade and baddin the pre school (both attending the same school)



with the uncles and aunties and cousins... That guy climbed on top of the entrance of the school to snap pics hehehhe



The balloons being released saying farewell to the previous school session and welcome to the present school session..


I shooed them out of the door by 7.35am. I was ready with my trackbottom n windbreaker…Only my shoes were left to be worn. I waited with them downstairs…Keremcan non stop telling met his and that as baddin was basically sitting n even lying on the floor…sleepy..and Hatice…? On her feet watching me chatting with keremcan… for some reason, she was nervous.

7.45am… the school service came. They left for school and i….off to achieve my resolution…to lose weight within 7 months…and off i walked….slowly…but determinedly…with my mp3 on…lulled by the Surah Yasin n surah Al Rahman..(halil’s fav surah)..

From Kazasker to Bostanci…from Bostanci …towards Sahilyolu..all the way to Caddebostan…with a 5 minutes break to read a newspaper...(n watching the people on mountainbikes with envy…Halil..PLS PLS BUY ME A BİCYCLE!!)straight into Bağdat Caddesi…..into Migros for some shopping..and with all the heavy plastic bags containing my shopping…i walked home….

From 7.45am till 10.45am…of walking! And I was fasting too!!
Naturally, by the time i reached home, i could barely step on my feet.. as i was cooling down on my bed…with the fan turned on facing towards me and i chatting with my mom on the phone…..i was thinking that i had overdone the walk…at least not while fasting….and by 2pm…the zaim ladies went to visit Funda’s mom to convey our condolences (Al fatihah) for the death of Funda’s auntie….that done… and by the time i reached home, it was time for Hatice n baddin to come home from school…

Oh yeah… my empty home syndrome has started….!! Both my kids r in school.. Nur Hatice in grade one while Sabahaddin in pre school….and that was my recollection of the second day of their school day! I havent had the chance to do the crazy walk again ever since..(though i am planning to)… but i had not done non stop walking each day…from going to the kid’ school for things to setle..to the daily chores outside…. Trust me… my feet r never the same again…..ouch ouchhhh sakittttttnyaaaaaaaaa And they say that having no kids at home means that i have plenty of time to kill…hmmm…

But i am glad and Thankful for one thing though…. Both Hatice and Baddin loves school. Hatice is still in the shock of having to do homework everyday while baddin is in the discovery of pre school life is so much fun!

I have also discovered that i like my newly freedom. I dont feel depressed that my kids r in school. There is no need to hang on to them .. they need to grow n expand themselves… and i need to do the things i need to do… will i achieve losing weight within 7 months’ time healthily? That is for all to see…i do not want to go back to malaysia for a visit next year in this weight..i want to go there as a chubby person..not as obese as i am now. I also need to attack the kitchen..scrub the floors (though i have a lady who comes to clean the place once in 2 weeks)… attack the wardrope… too many things with so less time… n i can barely update my blog as i used to…

My life is adapting…into this new phase. ..the phase to rediscover what i wanna do…to reacquaint myself with the simah i know (hopefully wiser) that the simah before the kids.

The kids r adapting too. Baddin especially is learning to eat on his own..to eat what is served at school…(though occasionally they do serve pizza n burgers)…learning to discover himself..to socialize in the real sense…not hiding under his sister and mine’s shadow…Hatice will undertake the process of learning to read this first few months in school. We will see how soon she will learn…my prayers r with u both…

But most importantly, i myself have to learn to fiinsh all my work before 4.30pm coz….after the kids come home from school…i need to put my total energy on them…This week has proven to me that there should be a discipline and timetable in some form to smoothen the day…so every school days.. my kids r stuck to this Schedule…:

4.45pm – 5pm…
*.the kids will reach home, put their shoes inside the shoes closet, put their bags inside their own rooms, wash their hands and faces and change their clothes

5.05pm…
*dinner time

5.50pm…
*Praying time

6pm…
*homework time…Hatice is given homework everyday so far.. the length depends on the homework..it could go on till 7.45pm….. baddin has homework only during weekends but on normal days as he too demanded homework like the sister …i often made up mock homework for him..mainly to improve his writing skills..

7.30pm - 8pm…..
* Free time! This is the time when the kids r free to do what they please…to watch the dvd… to play.. ..(with an inclusion of Maghrib prayer somewhere)

8.30pm…
*Bath time!

8.50pm…
*Supper… mainly fruity yogurt or puding or dessert or fruit coctail in syrup accompanied with fresh milk (kena la minum susu..kalau tak nanti ketot macam mak dia hehe)

9.00pm
*Bedtime! With Yasin listening on the Mp3 every alternate days…

and guess what? Though the homework time is a stressed out time (i hate homework n so does Hatice n she does her homework like a snail… and i had to come up with stuffs to keep ker concentration intact coz she has one very short concentration span esp when exhausted)….i find myself enjoying these hours spent with them. … just me n them… my focus on them n nothing else…i couldnt do that last year….

My kids r learning n growing……n now i am able to do things i didnt have a chance to do with a kid or two tagging along… Alhamdulillah… despite all the obstacles….our life is a bliss… n i am blessed ….
To check out my kids’ first few days of school…. Please hop to:

For my daughter’s blog:

http://www.haticeveokul.blogspot.com/

for my son’s blog:

http://www.baddinveokul.blogspot.com/


OK..OK...stories of Ramadhan and the food here coming up in the next entry..tungguuuuuuuu!! :0)

Thank You for hopping by...Hope to see u again the next time..

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger thewailer said...

kak simah,

my first week at school was rather confusing, was left to fend for myself, when we are among friends you tend to forget the idea of going there alone!

and your kids are set to conquer the world :)

September 22, 2007 at 10:33:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah when the children are in school you have plenty of time now...no rush at all kan?

selamat berpuasa my dear sis:)

September 22, 2007 at 11:03:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger anggerik merah said...

Simah dear,

the kids already at school...you have more time for you do the things in your wish list before they come back from school. Enjoy it.

Selamat berbuka.

September 22, 2007 at 1:45:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Simah,

Selamat posa..my daughter pun dh start sekolah..year 1..hehe..infact I have sent all my kids to school including my 2 yr boy..hehe..kejam tak?...just nk bg dia main2 kat sekolah..
sama la..I pun cam u jugak berazam nk kuruskan badan...hahaha...so far, belum begitu berjaya...tp takpe..I bg semangat kat u...go Simah go..
Eh when is the nice time to visit Istanbul ye? Winter sejuk sgt kan kat sana?...

September 22, 2007 at 7:05:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like u're having fun and enjoying your new life:)
3 jam berjalan, Simah. Memang pecah rekod, kalau boleh buat lagi. If selang sehari pun, sure 2 bulan aje dah kurus:P.
Ketatnya jadual budak2 tu, tak banyak free time ya? Homework lagi.
Wah, Badin pun dah ada blog. Nak menjengok kejap lagi:)

September 23, 2007 at 10:26:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Theta said...

Wow, I'm really amazed that you went jogging during the month of Ramadan! And for 3 hours outdoors!

Savour your ME-time to the max! You deserve it!

September 23, 2007 at 12:57:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Wah Baddin also has a blog now!! Good good .... I'll go visit soon. Glad they are enjoying their schooldays.

Eh, apalak obese Simah? Cute jer tu. Oh, Halil ke tu yang ada misai tu?

September 24, 2007 at 9:07:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Kiah Kardashian said...

Anak beranak bberblog nih!!

Sibuk la ni yer simah. Aku lama tak jneguk dan post entry. Sama sama la kita busy

September 24, 2007 at 2:27:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger simah said...

thewailer
********
i like ur parents style..and from what i see.. they havent done such a bad job eh? u turn out to be a fine guy :0)

oh my kids r set to conquer the universe if they have their ways insyaAllah *wnk*
--------------------------------
kak elle
*******
i have never been this rushed n my life? ..but yes... i have my own private time...to do what i want to do... it feels heaven :0)

selamat berpuasa to u too akak :0)


----------------------------------
anngerik merah
*************
selamat berbuka puasa to u too...

am enjoying myself definitely...still, household chores never stop waiting :0)

dah nama pompuan.. last last kena jugak berkemas sapu rumah eh?

----------------------------------
ida
****
heheh thanks utk bagi semnagat ... i ni pun mimpi ja nak kurus...dapat ke idak tu lain hal :0)

wahhh.... awak ni *post* semua anak masuk sekolah!! hahahah ni mesti anak anak nakal gila ni? :0)

a lady needs time of her own kan?

kalau nak mai turki.. spring is the best..tak panas..tak sejuk.. cuma hujan :0)

-----------------------------

hazia
*****
memang school days... homework tak habis.. lebih lebih lagi cikgu kat sekolah ni memang terover commited..tu pun susah jugak :0)

p.s nak kurussssssss..eh silap.. nak chubbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
----------------------------

theta
****
yeah..the feeling to have time of my own is heaven indeed...

3 hours of walk in ramadhan i would say....due to stupidity or perhaps insanity hehehehe..

-----------------------------------
queen of the House
*****************
baddin tunggu ooo akak nak blog mcm kakak dia... hehe sengih aja dia tengok dia ada blog sendiri :0)

saya obese la akak...kat camera tu kekadang trick tu ... mak saya pun cakap..simah *ayam tonggong* hahahahah

--------------------------------

zakiah
*****
jom kita busy... ala naka beranak berblog..yg tulih tu sorang ja.. huwaaaaaa mati aku nak manage semua tu...

take care wei minah...jgn kerja banyak banyak :0) cium anak hensem hang tu..

September 25, 2007 at 9:18:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

jordan store
michael kors outlet online
yeezy boost 350 v2
nike shoes
gucci belts
nike air max 97
moncler jackets
adidas yeezy
yeezy boost 350 v2
balenciaga

June 1, 2019 at 6:58:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home