Monday, June 4, 2007

2 tags in one go..

U may wonder..
*how come simah rarely update her blog these days...*

... as much as would love to update my blog everyday as i used to... i find that these days, there r more pressing matters i should attend to... that blogging has come second to everything.. and i do feel guilty everytime i update my blog n cannot visit my friends' blogs as often as i used to.... u r always in my mind.... and i always value ur friendship...



I was tagged by dear fellow bloggers…. K.d and later by… Theta…on 2 different matters…..so as not to break the chain of tagging….. here i am…

The tag by K. d..

..What's in a name

Proposition: What is the meaning of your kid’s name?Requirements: write about what or how or why you giving the name to your kids.Quantity: FIVE PEOPLE.Tag Mode:1st - You leave their blog and post link and add to the list below.2nd - Let the blogger you want to tag know they been tagged by comment in their blog or etc.

Well.. i’ve got to kids… Hatice and Baddin…

This explanation will come as a repetition to some of u…so u can skip reading the first tag…but … well… i was tagged… so here goes…

Nur Hatice....

We were so happy when i discovered i was pregnant the first time… Halil being a Türk n i being a Malay… choosing a name for our future child was a bit of a headache really… we started to discuss names….boys n girls..

I for a start wanted a name my parents n my family in Malaysia wouldnt feel akward to pronounce… that would mean.. no *ü,ğ,ö,ç,ş,*..all those letters my parents (including me) could not pronounce… and i also insisted that *Nur* be a part of that name….

When we were told that we would be having a girl …* Hatice Zehra* was the name Halil wanted to give to our child… I was quite ok with it coz it sounded like a nice name… but then somebody told us that it is usually *Fatma Zehra*… that name i was not ok with… i dont really like the name *Fatma*…. So that was a one off….so what to give? We have to give a name to our future baby girl… Then, we went back to the name Hatice (pronounced Hatije)… i liked that name.. in Malaysia it is the same as Khadijah… but Khadijah sounded a bit rough to me… Hatice (hatije) sounded soft and *kibar*…..n most importantly, it was the name of our Prophet Muhammad’s wife…..by adding the *Nur* (light) to that name, i was hoping that the light of the prophet’s wife will shine thru within my daughter… and therefore… in the end, she ended up as *Nur Hatice* in her birth certificate… What does Hatice mean ? i still have no idea… i was kindda hoping that someone out there knows the meaning n u can share it with me… i will be very very very grateful…


Sabahaddin…

He came far too soon after Hatice’s birth… i was still trying to learn to be a new mom when i discovered that i was pregnant the second time…I was lucky coz i had an easy pregnancy… no morning sickness..no vomitting… but being pregnant n trying to manage a baby ..was really draining out my energy..

Halil n i didnt really have the time tos it down n dream of the name of our second child… when we were told it would be a boy this time… we stil never really got the opportunity to think deeply…of a name..

I was scrolling the 99 names of Allah.. still, i couldnt decide on a name.. i have always like the name *hafiz*..but my brother’s son’s name is that.. it was not possible to give my son that name… it was then one day when baba (my dad n law) wrote a list of possible male names that we could use…. Among that name was the names of her 2 deceased brothers… his own name was that too…

Halil understood that baba wanted us to choose one of the 3 names… *Mustafa*, *burhanettin* … *Sabahattin*…

I didnt want Mustafa as a name for my son coz… well… i just didnt… the same with the other name...… that left us with Sabahattin… i was against that name as well since baba is still alive… it would really be confusing to call my son’s name that name in his presence… how could i scold my son in front of the granddad who bears the same name?... it would be really really akward…

But then somehow in the end, Halil managed to convince me somehow.. i relented somehow (much to the happiness of baba)…n we named our son… Sabahaddin… not with *t* but with *d* in the spelling… coz ..

Sabah means morning…
Din means religion…

His name means the dawn of the religion…. And Hatice saved us of the need of calling our son sabahaddin in close family gatherings by calling him *baddin*… Thanks kızım! :0) i owe u one…

Will baddin be the *dawn of the religion?*… his granddad who holds the name is…for my son… we will have to wait n see… please pray for him.. n her...

And i hereby tag:

Sue (1 princess) and Zakiah (2 heroes)

coz they just gave birth to their babies...


It was Sunday .. early in the morning… baddin was watching the BBc program for kids when this guy was talking about shapes.

Baddin… who is eager to learn English as well as to improve his turkish asked me…

*Anne… shapes ne demek?*
(Anne what does shapes mean?)

he was asking me to translate the word for him…

me n my turkish hehehe i couldnt find the word in my mind… i knew the word.. (konon kononnya la kan)..but i just couldnt place the word….

And then Hatice woke up… sleepy eyed…eyes barely opened, she was heading to the living room… i quickly stopped her…and asked eagerly…

*kızım… o daire… uçgen…falan var ya..onlara ne denir?*
(my daughter… the round… the triange… etc..etc… what r they called?*

and she replied..
*şekillar?*
(shapes?)

oh yes! Şekillar!... thanks Hatice… and so.. 2 people… one young.. one much older… learned a new word in Turkish :0) … u cant say one cannot learnt from one’s own daughter eh?

And the *meme* as tagged by Theta…. …:0)

Here goes…. Simah ..layer upon layer :0)

Layer One: On the Outside

Name: Nor Hasimah….my mom said she named me that name which means (this i discovered after 32 years after my birth!! Hahaha) ..that it means *Cahaya Pendirian Hidup*… u can call me anything… just dont call me *Nor*… eeeeeeiiiiiii geliiii….
Birthdate: Early October…. The year of the Rabbit…
Current status: Married but looking (hahaha just kidding!)… am blessed with 2 angels to make my life not boring n a loving hubby who dirves me crazy…
Eye colour: i assume it is black.. never bother to analyse it..
Hair colour: black…(it stays that way with the help of henna hehe)
Righty or lefty: Lefty…unless it is eating time ..toilet time… definitely lefty (imaginations run wild…ouch..that is gross! Hahah)

Layer Two: On the İnside
My heritage: Malay-Minang-Malay..
My fears: Nobody will love me… and that my kids be fatherless or motherless before they r old enough to be independent…
My weaknesses: Blogging, coke
My perfect Pizza: I love domino pizza but the kids prefer my pizza… so if i wanna order a pizza for myself.. i have to also make a pizza for them myself.. (aisey Hatice-baddin.. anne wants cooking holiday too la…)


Layer Three: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
My thoughts first thing when i wake up : Can i sleep some more?
My bedtime: never at a specific time… but i know on Sunday i will stay awake till 4am coz my favourite tv episodes will be on… n i can only watch the rerun of these episodes… the tv is just isnt available any other time!
My most missed memory : Eating all the Malaysian fruits n food.

Layer Four: My picks

Pepsi or Coke: Definitely coke… i find pepsi a bit sweet for me..
Mc Donald’s or Burger King: Mc D for burgers… but BK for the onion rings..
Single or Group Dates: Do i have to answer that ? hhehehehe
Adidas or Nike: Nike all the way…
Tea or Nestea: Fresh iced lemon tea :0) ..ok ok… if i must choose… lipton ice tea mango flavour or lipton ice tea red..
Chocolate or Vanilla: Choc…choc..choc…
Cappucino or Coffee: No thanks… I’ll have to pass :0)


Layer Five: Do I?
Smoke: Seeing how my dad used to smoke a lot.. i think none of us children r even tempted to try it…cant stand the smoke smell..i think it is really suffocating!

Curse: if i curse myself..yes…just the *S*.. not the *F*…in the heat of anger (if it involves someone else.. *salak* or *aptal* (both means stupid) usually escapes my mouth.. (luckily if Hatice n baddin r around, they will remind me that.. *anne.. bu kötu bir laf* ( Anne..that is a bad word)..
Take a shower: My sister say i mandi kambing hehehe (we’ll see when she has her own kids) :0)
Have a crush: hahahah in high school..lots of time… schoolmate… teacher… senior.. u name it… none *sangkut* though hahaha
Think I’ve been in love: Everyday.. even more when it is early of each month (salary time) hhahahaha
Go to school: Would love to do my Master…but just isnt possible…
Want to get married: Too late… got the ring already…even cooked the white gold rice with it too hhahah
Believe in myself: i believe but just cant xpress myself well..
Think i’m a health freak: with my countless asam n coke… n just look at my size! ..i am totally healthy (not!) :0)

Layer Six: In the Past Month
Drank Alcohol: Allah forbids!
Gone to the mall: very rarely nowadays…just small shops to buy this n that
Been on stage: Yup countless..mostly during school days
Eaten sushi: the ones sold at the supermarket..r they acceptable as sushi? Never been to the real sushi restaurant… would love to though..
Dyed your hair: With the black Henna…yup..

Layer Seven: Have I Ever
Played a stripping game: Will u believe me if i say yes? (hahaha just kidding)
Changed who i am to fit in: Not really coz if i cant fit in..i usually just stay away…or silently observe from far..hence, me being a loner..

Layer Eight: Age
I am hoping to be married: Got married at the age of 24… celebrated my 25th birthday during our honeymoon (n we couldnt find a slice of cake even..!! )

Layer Nine: What was i doing
1 min ago: I was hugging baddin who cried coz he wanted to follow his sister to school

1 hour ago: ironing (gee..i hate that!)
4.5 hours ago: I was still ironing
1 month ago: Cant remember…
1 year ago: I was busy dealing with hatice's pre school registration matters

Layer Ten: Finish the sentence
I love: my family
I feel: totally in need of sleep... got up early (4ç30am) just to do some ironing... n i have to go to hatice's school today as well... have to cook before leaving the house..huwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I hate: uncertainties
I hide: behind Halil
I need: to cook, tidy up the house, take a bath, n still be wide eyed n all smiley to socialize...

Layer Eleven: Tag 5 people:
I dont think i will tag many people… just our Doctor in the House, Rad, and Alinlai

The rest of u..i am sure there would be other tags... dont think u r safe! :0)

Eversince yesterday... and till probably thursday, i will be going to hatice's school for some matters.... if u wanna know what they r... pls do hop by her blog this week.....

ampun kalau i lambat blog hop to ur blog all in one go..... will try to as soon as possible...

Thank You for hopping by...Hope to see u again the next time..

18 Comments:

Blogger Kiah Kardashian said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 5, 2007 at 10:04:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Kiah Kardashian said...

baru ku tau camtu rupenyer nak pronounce hatice.

insyaallah akan ku buat. Nanti next entry. Sekarang busy kena siapkan homework. Maks skolah sekarang nyah.

June 5, 2007 at 10:14:00 AM GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Panjangnya the 2nd tag, haha...
Baru tahu u leftie, read my leftie entry last year?;)

June 5, 2007 at 11:15:00 AM GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simah dear,

I love your conversation with mom and dad. Lawak giler!!! :-) You have such cool parents, dear.

btw, disneyland trip was awesome!!!! Nantilaa i update blog.

hugs n kisses

June 5, 2007 at 1:12:00 PM GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simah,
Don't worry about bloghopping or commenting. Family comes first. You have two beautiful and cute children. Your daughter is the exact replica of you and your son is the splitting image of your son. Like mother, like daughter: like father like son. Hehe!

June 5, 2007 at 1:50:00 PM GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I mean splitting image of your husvband. Sorry, typo. I pun sibuk hari-hari. Shake hands with you.

June 5, 2007 at 1:51:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger silversarina said...

Emmm sedap nama Hatice and Baddin tu :)

Oooo kira kuat bermain cinta juga masa sekolah dulu ya ?? Kat cikgu pun sangkut, nak kena report cikgu tu...hehehe.

Tak singgah blog pun tak pe asalkan simah sihat dan dapat bereskan semua kerja yang perlu dibereskan.

June 5, 2007 at 2:17:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger  Lee said...

Hello Simah, I love the names of your beautiful kids.
Very International, ha ha, mixture of both worlds too.
Can they speak Bahasa well? I can imagine they speak Malay to you, speak Turkish to dad?
By the way, how are they with durians? Ha ha.
Best regards to you and family, UL.

June 5, 2007 at 5:38:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger Theta said...

Thanks for being a sport and doing the tag, Simah. =)

You have crushes at school too? Looking back, I was wondering why I liked some of those boys....hehe

Btw, Hatice is a beautiful name (thanks for clarifying the pronunciation - I had thought it's pronounced Ha-Tise). Found out after googling that Hatice means 'Teacher'. See this and Ctrl-f the word 'Hatice'. ;)

Any blog, if any, I can refer to as to the story behind your jodoh with Halil? I love a romantic story ;)

So you're a 1975-born and a Libran, eh? Younger than me mah!

*am counting the uban(s) in my hair now*

Take care!

June 6, 2007 at 12:17:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger k.d said...

Eh Simah 1975...Heheheh...muda le kawan kita nie!! Hihihih....

Nama your daughter very, baru tau camne nak pronounce! hahaha

Oh...I pernah buat gitu tu, bangun pagi to cook before going to work and get NAMI ready for school. Tak boleh lah..by the end of the day I pancit...

June 6, 2007 at 9:37:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Mama Sarah said...

siapa kata surirumah ni goyang kaki eh? tp surirumah mcm mamasarah mmg goyang kaki! haha...

June 6, 2007 at 9:45:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger Faizah said...

panjangnye simah ko tulis..rajin2...

ooo..begitu rupanya bunyi nama anak mu..baru ku tahu..

oo..you are so young like me..hehehe..

alamak simah ku pun kena tagged by k.d..hehe..lupa pulak nak buat ni..k..nak p buat..

sedap nama kedua2 anak mu itu..i like it..macam rasa nutella...sedap!

June 6, 2007 at 11:37:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger maklang said...

nasib baik nama I tak tertera....today dah start kerja semula...malasnya...

June 7, 2007 at 2:11:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger simah said...

zakiah
******
mak dia sekolah... sekolah yg best gituu...aku sejeles jelesnyaa

buat tag tu jgn tak buat...
-----------------------------------
hazia
****
i think i missed that...do u have the link?

---------------------------------
ms istanbul
***********
wow! welcome home! *hugs*..nanti bila i sempat i jenguk blog u yea :0)

ur angel must be smiling all over ..

-------------------------------

alice
******
*shakes hand too*.... dalam sibuk tu rindu jugak nak blogginggggggggg...

thanks 4 ur compliment... :0)

-----------------------------------

loveujordan
**********
akak..thanks 4 understanding..:0)

hahaha eh i masa sekolah dulu angel apa hahahahahahaha

----------------------------------
Unlce lee
**********
my kids, halil n durian??? they'll run a thousand miles!!! hahahahaah

unfortunately, my kids know only a few words in malay.. a littl bit of english n loads of turkish... i am plannig to teach them malay once we go back to malaysia for our holiday one day :0)

--------------------------------
theta
******
crushes n school mahal ooooo... they bring a smile to my face bila ingat balik hehehe

u r not alone.. many doesnt know how to pronounce hatice..mostly like u pronounce her name as ha ti se n not as hatije as it should be ...

thanks 4 the meaning of hatice's name...i think looking at her... the chances of her name to become her future profession is really high..coz zaimz r basically educators..n she has the character to be a good educator as well.. hmm.. we will see..

the link... where did u find that link anyway? i am young? ala..there's the hair colour thingy..no nedto color ur uban! hahaha...seriously...u dont look old punnnnnnnnnn...

my story ka...?

http://refcobass.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_archive.html

cuba u tengok kat situ esp title *our first meeting* n *kawin jgn tak kawin*...

ur story lak ada tak?

--------------------------------
k.d
***
i buat mcm tu eversince monday... n i am pancittttttttttttt pun! hahahah all i dream of right now is zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

so u tak bangun pagi u bila u masak nowadays? mlam ker?
------------------------------
mama sarah
*********
suri rumah sibuk sokmo..tapi the bad thing..tak ada gaji hehehe

----------------------------
faiza
*****
jawab jangn tak jawab tag tu :0)

eh feel free makan nutella..jgn makan anak i udah ! hahaha

----------------------------------
mak lang
******
mak lang... dihari dan waktu dan ketika yg lain heheheheehe..tungguuuuuu :0)

June 7, 2007 at 7:25:00 PM GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the decrease publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=frame photo editor 3.0.1.0 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

February 10, 2010 at 4:32:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

oakley sunglasses
toms outlet
pandora rings
official michael kors outlet
ralph lauren polo shirts
tory burch outlet online
bulls jerseys
ugg slippers
toms outlet
chaussures christian louboutin
20171.6chenjinyan

January 6, 2017 at 9:13:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0629


michael kors outlet
michael kors
nike factory outlet
balmain jeans
air jordan retro
christian louboutin shoes
oakley sunglasses
saucony shoes
barcelona jersey
ed hardy clothing







June 29, 2018 at 7:37:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

louboutin outlet
yeezy boost
balenciaga trainers
hermes belts for men
kobe shoes
golden goose
yeezy 700
goyard
vapormax
jordan shoes

February 15, 2020 at 11:18:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home