Thursday, April 3, 2008

A day made smooth...

Alhamdulillah.... yesterday was a day made smooth by Allah.

I was extremely dreading yesterday coz one year ago... after years of staying illegal in turkey (oh yeah...really! )..and after countless trips to that specific place to get my residence permit renewed...it was again time to renew the RP (on time this time i have to say :0)

We left the kids at Özlem by 6.30am...they stayed there for breakfast and later went to school....it was just me n my beloved towards that place i dread at the other side of the bridge...


What if our documents were lacking? and like last year we had to keep going there coz that office kept changing the documents needed.... And that longggggg que? Ouch...u dont say... Everytime we go there... that place was always full with foreigners! and not ONCE i see anyone from my homeland...hmmm... fancy that!
This time before going to that place....i checked every single document n copies needed(from their website)....I didnt want history to repeat itself...

I can endure the waiting.... i am good at waiting in ques...but my beloved gets bored easily.... and the thing is... to get my pr renewed..we have to come together (meaning if my beloved die..i cannot renew my pr and i cant stay in turkey sobs)...

We reached the office quite late actually... at around 7.15am due to traffic...many were already there....everyone in que to enter that place...Once we all were allowed to enter the building.... again we rushed to form a que to get our numbers.... a mother n daughter cut our que... i was grumbling inside... i mean...come on! that is not nice!! ...to add...Allah knows how cold it was..i was trembling...in my mind... i was dreaming of drinking hot tea... a drink i do not like to drink unless i am freezing!! Waited we did..patiently.... n my beloved started to play his football game on his handphone hehehehe

It turned out that the office has renewed the system...only a certain number of people are allowed there for the morning session... the documents management was also changed that the que at many counters just to get the PR renewed was/is shortened!!

We got our number and Alhamdulillah... we were the first at the counter we were assigned to. This time, the guy at the counter was sweet n smiley. He did his job very efficiently (very unlike the previous years)...YES! all documents needed were there! Alhamdulillah... dup dap dup dap...when finally he asked.... how long we wanted this rp renewed... when we said 2 years...the guy told us that i could only renew for 8.5 months coz my passport will expire by that time... Anyway... for now... 8.5 months it is...so instead of paying for 1 000 TL for 2 years... we only had to pay 435 TL...and that mother n daughter who cut our cue?? they were destined as the 6th in line at counter 3!!... I guess it doesnt pay to cut cues!! See... they got their punishment there... hehehe i know..i know... i am bad...still... dont i dont care.. :0)

by 10am we were already eating our breakfast ...börek at aslı börek...a good börek shop...u see where we were..that is a place of haven for shopping for me... but unfortunately, it is too far away from my home..n i cant really go shopping along that vast street with my beloved (u know guys n shopping, right?)... anyway... as we were walking to the car, we passed one of the *tekbir* shop..a shop famous for islamic clothing..a famous tesettur clothing line in turkey... because of the great demand... just at that one long street..there r 3 tekbir shops there and each one of them r selling very well!!! just imagine that!

i asked my beloved if i could just check out the tekbir shop... he suprisingly said yes... u see... i was looking out for a dress to wear for my lil sis' wedding this 24th July... i wanted something special... but i also knew that *tekbir* price range..esp for the type i was looking for is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy out of our budget (if they have my size!!)... still... i tried the ones i liked..not really putting on hopes that i will get to buy it... my eyes caught at this one simple white dress... it looks so graceful... long and sort of flowy... very ladylike... and i can use it for other special occasion as well......and my beloved said... a totally unexpected *YES*...

....it was truly outrageous for him to say yes... the price in itself is outrageous!(branded stuffs usually r outrageous eh?) but he said... since we couldnt renew the PR for two years....the leftover money from that was probably destined for that dress!! Oh DEar beloved! I cant thank u enough! U know how much this Malaysia trip means to me...how excited i am esp to see my lil sis getting married....not to mention that i havent even get the chance to visit my nephew's grave....My beloved does love me after all ...esp since he agreed to that dress...it was so funny that after we went out of the tekbir shop ... my beloved said...

*ı wonder why that girlseller was saying all those nice things to u... she was totally infatuated by u...i was beginning to get scared that she would ask u out for a date!*!!!!! hahahahahah

... i replied...*Tım... u may not realise it...but i do get that kind of remarks and treatment from people *

and my beloved continued by saying.....

*That'z because they never get to know the HELL in u like i do!! *
hahahahahahaha how encouraging!!

Whatever! my dress is safe at the tekbir shop...the length being shortened....we will go n pick it up next week...Yes! i have got a dress for my sister's wedding!! and a better news is... my mom also bought kain (kumaş) for us as a family to be tailored/made into the Malay traditional dress... mine is yellowish goldish in color...that is soo sweet... my family back home must be counting the days as well....for the time for this rebellious daughter n her family to be there....

which also reminds me that...we found tickets with a direct flight to KL!! previously... we found tickets where we will have to transit 10 hours in dubai...going n return ..Alhamdulillah... now we wont have to!! and the prices from one tour company to another changes greatly!! it must be due to how well connected one company is to another..

....and since we r 6 siblings where 3 of them r married and one to be wed... and each with children of their own.... not to mention a bit of this n that for our closest relatives...n not forgetting a few special things 4 my mom n dad... u can imagine how many gifts (probably a big bag) we will be carrying for them all.... which reminds me that i have loads of shopping more to do for the gifts....wish me luck!

Alhamdulillah... my way was made smooth by Allah yesterday... my beloved n i couldnt stop thanking the Almighty for HiS help yesterday....

My only conclusion is this....i think Allah wants me to go home this time... i think he is saying that it is time to go n see my love ones.... who knows..perhaps this will be the last time i will get to see my mom n dad? i sure didnt get to see my one nephew..i am going home too late for him..... my eldest nephew is soo big now...he is doing diploma now..the rest of my nephews n nieces.....my beloved though he doesnt know my family well except for the fact that he thinks that they r good people with good hearts...understands my longing i have been hiding for far too long...

He said to me....

*u r lucky... ur parents r far... but u still get to go see them... but i cant..mine r dead*....

How do u respond to that one??



(...Thank You for hopping by...Hope to see u again the next time..

12 Comments:

Blogger Ummi365 said...

Lucky you...dapat baju..sayang cik abang kat simah..

April 3, 2008 at 6:00:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Simah ... I can imagine your excitement!! Kesian pulak kat Halil when he said it like that .... but your parents are his parents too and I am sure all of you will have a grand reunion. Eh, nak tanya sikit ... when you 'balik kampung nanti', where exactly is 'kampung'?

Nak tengok gambar baju baru tu, boleh?

April 4, 2008 at 4:13:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Mummy Rizq said...

yess... its true that was your lucky day. **Sebab Tuhan sayangkan Simah... Halil dah belikan baju!** Hee.. hee... remember that??

When were the last time you were in Malaysia?

April 4, 2008 at 4:54:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummi
****
terkejut betul saya bila dia cakap yes....boleh beli baju tu...Alhamdulillah dapat bajuuuuuuuuu :0)

---------------------------------
Queen of the House
*******************
my parents r his parents too..tap itu la...dia takada kesempatan nak bermesra dengan mentua... even this time dia balik seminggu ajer...

kampung? hehehe our real kampung where my parents originate n their siblings stay is negeri 9.... tapi bila i balik kampung... i balik my parents place kat kepala batas in seberang perai...that is our kampung for hatice n baddin...

nanti next week (friday) lepas i pick up the dress from the shop i tunjukkan kat blog yea baju tu? it is a simpe one really...nothing fancy... :0)tapi to pick it up kena pi europe...jauhhhhhhhhhhhh

------------------------------

mummy rizq
**********
i will remember that the next time aku nak pekena mamat tu heheheheheheh

the last time? 5 years ago....

April 4, 2008 at 6:59:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Alinlai said...

hoyayyyyy dpt new dress, dpt renew PR, dpt tiket balik kg perghhhh lega rasa hati kan? Opsss dpt baju kurung baru... bleh pakai raya tahun ni ni :)

April 4, 2008 at 7:56:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah dia sayang kat kamu tu belikan baju baru...hahaha

you mention your passport expiring 8.5 months and by the time you due to fly home you need at least 6 months b4 expiry date so kena lah buat kan?that means you have to pay again for the PR renewal.

bukan family aje yg menunggu you and family balik saya di sini pun sabar menunggu tau:)

April 4, 2008 at 1:58:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simah,
What is the difference between a visa and resident permit or a resident permit and permanent resident? I still don't understand the system in Turkey. Once I became a permanent resident, I don't have to renew anythhing and it is stamped on my passport. Two years ago, my M'sian passport had only two weeks before expiry date. I rang up the M'sian embassy and airlines to confirm and they said that since I'm a Malaysian and am going back to my country, it's no problem. I had my new passport (with the electronic chips) made in Malaysia when I was there. This has happened before years ago when I had one week left before expiry date. The six months' period is mandatory if you travel to other countries other than Malaysia. Anyway, why don't you ring up the M'sian embassy to confirm?
(Alice)

April 5, 2008 at 1:16:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger silversarina said...

Mahal jugak kena bayar PR status di sana ye...

Waduh... shopping menjadi bersama cik abang..... he loves you and sure he wants you to look beautiful in your new dress...

tak lama dah nak balik...yeyyeyyyy.

April 5, 2008 at 11:22:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dear sister,
very glad to hear everything was ok with the residence permit. I'm also looking forward to see you go to Malaysia not because I'm fed up with u (:)) but I wanna to see you happiest. Don't be pessimistic but enjoy this long waited and very deserved trip!
Lots of love,
F.

April 5, 2008 at 10:22:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger arsaili said...

but we still can be a good son or daughter to our parents..alive or dead... kalau dah meninggal, anak yg soleh jadi taruhan

April 6, 2008 at 8:53:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger simah said...

alinlai
-*****
tu la...betul... dan aku plan nak kebas baju depa! hahahah

----------------------------------

kak elle
*******
tak payah renew akak ...i think like alice said... sebab i am returning to malaysia... takkan ada problem...

insyaAllah.. kita jumpa yek akak? saya pun tak sabar :0)

--------------------------------

alice
*****
dear alice..
thanks alice..yeah... u r right... tak yah renew ...lagipun utk renew kat turki kena pi ankara...tak kuasa i hehehehehe

i have answered ur question on RP n PR in my entry :0)

------------------------------
kak rina
*******
Yeayyy... tak sabar betul saya...
nanti dia kan nak kena tinggal lama kat turki heheh tu nak tunjuk sayang la tuuuuu... :0)

-------------------------------

Sis *F*
******

thanks sis :0) the excitement is killing me... (just hope i wont be dead yet before seeing them hehehehe)

April 6, 2008 at 9:31:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kak simah,
You reminded me that I have to go and apply for residence permit. Been putting it off for almost two years now :D.The good thing is that its a great excuse to just leave Istanbul for a few days and travel around Europe-any excuse to merayap lah kak.
And you are gg back to msia? fuuunnnnn!!!!
My regards to your family, esp your two kiddies.

Fana

April 7, 2008 at 9:09:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home