Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stronger woman...


I was a part of the TESL Hİ CAMP CLUB during my matriculation years in PPP/ITM (Pusat Pendidikan Persediaan/İTM)....in one of the activities during one of the camping trips....we had *friends analysis*... where each of the members (i think this was the activities for commitee members of the club) were to write the strengths and weaknesses of each of their friends there. (oh yeah...i still keep that paper after all these years...caya jgn tak caya!).Here r what they came up with...Bear in mind that this was when i was in my late teens..i dont think i have entered my 20s yet then...



STRENGTHS
***********
Courageous
Has good esprit de corps
Always very careful with things she's in charge of
Very hardworking
Dedicated
Kind
Friendly
Committed
Not afraid to try new things -to volunteer
Quiet
Uncomplaining
Can take Jobs
Group oriented
Physically fit
Determined
Sporting (although she knows people say she's slow)
Trustworthy
Intuitive
Finishes her homework on time
Always follows instructions
Helpful
Motivated



WEAKNESSES
************
Forgetful
Careless-clumsy
Quite disorganised
Lacks courage and confidence-low self esteem
Sometimes too engrossed in her own work that she fails to thing of other people i.e help other people
Blur - blank
Has to wait for orders -dependent
Slow
Too trusting
Feel guilty -blames herself at the wrong time
Not assertive
Does not stand up for herself
Quite vague in her ideas
Falls asleep easily


Miss Yates (our advisor'z advice) to me then was..


*You have to be more focussed both in your thoughts and actions. Pay more credits to your own ideas- sometimes, they are worth it*


Yes...I have to agree with her...the low self esteem i had then was affecting my personality development...that had held me back from developing 100 percent the adventurous, spontaneous, mischievious,essentric person that i should be/am...


I am not going to tekan butang and compliment myself on what they thought my strengths were/are..... tak main la puji diri hehehehe i can imagine my *best buddy ever* rolling her eyes right now hahahahahah but dear pal.. feel free to compliment me if u want!...though i doubt that from the deepest of my heart!!! hahahahaha


but the weaknesses...let me comment on some of them...


Yes..i think i am as forgetful and as clumsy as ever... i cant remember the number of times i hit something n got blue n black all over... or the times i spill stuffs...particularly if i get tired.....clumsy... i am still... very in fact...


Too engrossed to think of others in my work till forgetting to think of others..i suppose that still applies... do u remember my one entry many months ago how if i am lost in my own thoughts... even if u r in front of me..i wont even notice u... ?? Aye! thatz me, maam :0)


Lacks of courage? hmm...i think i am one of those courageous persons there is (or have i misplaced the word with insane? *wink*)...ok..ok..now maybe...perhaps not then eh?


...My self confidence is not what it was... living in this land... having to experience things that i never thought possible.....i think i am more self confidence than what i was then... i think i am good as everyone else...i feel good being me....i used to think that being coloured is less superior than the white...Living among the whites...... i see how silly that is...i no longer compare my dark skin or my flat nose with my belovedz who is white with pointed *crooked* nose *wink*


Blur...slow....hahahaha blur??... u have to decide for urself...i suppose that will always be my unique self... but slow?? that has totally changed... i have this reputation among the moms in my kids' school as the mom who plays jengket jengket... the mom who is basically on the run (literally speaking)all the time..i am almost never without my jeans n t-shirt...in which during one of the teas i attended n i wore ladylike dress... one of the moms i am close with couldnt believe her eyes that i can be ladylike (slow? never!) :0)..active..yes..i am.. am always here and there...thus making my sports shoes a very vital part of my being...


Falls asleep easily.? Oh YES! A lady has got to have to sleep to keep her beauty eh? ... if i am tired... i am not shy to yawn..i will sleep at every opportunity....



But one thing i hate about my weaknesses is that i was quite vague with my ideas....i am not able to present my ideas effectively...i am still vague...i cant seem to focus...that for a person trained as a teacher is a totally bad trait...maybe thatz why i dont work here ? hahaha nahhh..this is purely laziness :0)..but i know i would have been one hell of a dedicated teacher if i still teach...(perasannnnnnn... cepat muntah best buddy ever! hahaha)


Not being able to focus does not mean that i do not give credit to my ideas... i didnt then...but i do now... that is why i am not shy mumbling in my blog as well as mumbling in a local newspaper once in a while....on things i feel important to voice out.. yes.. my articles in todayz zaman is the ultimate evidence that i value my ideas... thus an indirect indication that my self confidence is escalating...


All i can say for myself is this....I am not a Perfect Woman... Like everyone else...every step i take .... every moment i breathe... is a learning experience for me.... i have a lot of flaws...as well as the good sides in me...... but i also know that i am happy now..happy becoz i am able to accept myself as i am....which i couldnt years ago... i am happy to be me (despite my weight problem).... i am stronger inside and out... and Alhamdlillah even when my families n friends r in Malaysia ... i am surrounded by my other family n friends here in turkey...
All in all..i am just a simple and decent person who is getting stronger every day ...
not forgetting the woman who counts her days as well...

the tickets to fly home is safely tucked somewhere...
i look at it everyday...silly i know but then... i just cant help it...
The hotel where we will be staying in KL... the reservation is confirmed..
We will be in crown princess hotel from 13th till 17th june...
What more can i ask for??

i am wobbly inside with excitement...
I am praying hard that Allah will ease my way
to the land i miss...
to the people i long to see...
to the food i wish to gobble...


And after a long time... iwrote another article...this time on my RP renewal...
u can check it out at my articles blog...
Thank You for hopping by...Hope to see u again the next time..

16 Comments:

Blogger sue said...

u r a strong woman..versatile pulak tu..pandai masak berbagai..a published writer lagi...

hope to see u in june, nasib baik time tu lebih kurang 2 weeks b4 my due date..

April 10, 2008 at 7:05:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Ummi365 said...

Hey.. i don't think you have the weakness there anymore.. you don't sound like it.. at least from reading your blog..hope to see you when you are back..

April 10, 2008 at 7:31:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yin and yang. I think we need both. Strengths to ensure we do good things and weaknesses to continue improving ourself and being humble.

I am sure you are looking forward to go home. For the time being, I have decided to spend my summer in UK. I really cant stand the 13 hour jouney. Penat seh. *winks* Unless of course if we take business class in the new Spore Airbus. *eyes rolling*.

April 10, 2008 at 11:50:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bila you nak balik malaysia simah? and how long for? i pulak yang excited hehee...this time you balik dgn anak2 dan hubby ke?

enjoy your time in malaya ok, and jgn lupa utk makan dan makan dan makan dan makan lagi ;)))))))

take care
yatie

April 11, 2008 at 1:18:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Alinlai said...

:) jgn dok belek tiket tiap2 hari dah la... sat lagi lunyai tiket tu

April 11, 2008 at 4:33:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Mama Rock said...

simah, when you are in crown princess and happens to take the train to klcc, give me a tinkle. if can lepak and minum kopi much better, else jumpa sekejap to say hi pun apa salah nya. will email you later :)

April 11, 2008 at 9:46:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger maklang said...

Kalau maklang ada diKL waktu tu, bolehlah kita datingkan!

April 12, 2008 at 8:36:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger rad said...

Makcik,
Can't wait 2c u wid the kids! Nanti Halil conference kan? U plan nak wat apa? Hehehe...I'll be on standby! (insyaAllah)
Klu kita xjumpa di kl, mana tau rezeki utk jumpa di penang sana - maklumlah u balik lama kan? Ah, x sabarnya! Klu lah T dah settle..
I don't care about your strengths&weaknesses - I'm taking you as a fren exactly just the way you are. Serious beb! Neway, mcm u cakap jugak - your weaknesses are actually transformed into good things already..bravo to simah!
Weight is not a problem ok - just a challenge that you'll deal with sooner or later hahaha...can do lah.

April 13, 2008 at 9:43:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger simah said...

sue
****
kalau sempat..insyaAllah kita jumpa yek? tak sabarrrr :0)

---------------------------------
ummi
****
insyaAllah..kalau ada rezeki kita jumpa..my schedule is uncertain...so cant say exactly when :0)

------------------------------
ms istanbul
-*******
london? Nahhhh...i think one hour flight to bodrum is a better choice?? *grins*.. too bad i wont be here to see u!

-----------------------------
yatie
****
i balik 2 bulan tapi my beloved balik seminggu aja..tu pun ada conference...

eh u tak mau balik ka masa summer ni=??

--------------------------
alinlai
******
tak pa kalau lunya..nanti aku mintak copy kat flight company hehehe

--------------------------------
mama rock
********
mama...dapat tak email saya tu??
insyaAllah kita jumpa :0)

-------------------------------
mak lang
*******
betul tu mak lang... saya kalau boleh nak jumpa semua orang tapi ada rezeki jumpa ker tidak...? ntah la... tak ader orang nak buat blogger nite ker?? ehemmm *wink*

---------------------------
rad
****
i dah mula sayang my fat la makcikkkkkk...

u finish ur TTTTTTTTT lepas tu kita jumpa yek??? muahhhh tak sabar la!

April 13, 2008 at 9:16:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Kaklong Syikin said...

saalam simah,

insyaAllah kita jumpa ya di KL..tak dpt lama, kejap pun jadilah. saya faham jadual awak yg padat tu :)

April 16, 2008 at 4:16:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger D said...

sorry but have to ask - you took TESL ke dulu? Tell me more please!

April 17, 2008 at 9:11:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

syikin
-******
insyaAllah kita jumpa... nanti saya cuba call awak yea?

-----------------------------------

d
**
u went to UK... how come i have the feeling that u dulu budak a level masa kat PPP? am i right??

memang i budak TESL... batch 6... kalau u kat PPP section 17/18 dulu n our age tak banyak gap... we might have even crossed each otherz way masa naik bas hijau tu :0)

ur turn :0)

April 18, 2008 at 6:56:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger D said...

LOL! sorry to pop your bubble!! Nope, I only hung around PPP visiting friends during my summer breaks. Took TESL too but stayed in school for only 5 years. Still into education though! Haiya.. I think my friends were probably batch 4. Hey, I'm sure we have some friends in common. ;)

April 18, 2008 at 8:58:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D
**
itz a small world after all ..:0)

tesl 4 ka? thatz abang suhaz... kak hanim etc..etc..masa we all masuk tesl dulu...batch 4 la yg leader buli we all masa orientation :0)... yeah... i bet we know the same people..esp budak tesl kat PPP...we practically know more or less each other .. senior or junior...

u dulu buat tesl kat mana? still education? la ni u buat apa?

April 18, 2008 at 9:36:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

polo ralph lauren shirts
toms shoes outlet
michael kors handbags outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
prada handbags
cheap jordan retro
true religion outlet
beats headphones
fitflops sale clearance
knicks jerseys
20171.6chenjinyan

January 6, 2017 at 9:15:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. i don't think you have the weakness there anymore.. you don't sound like it.. at least from reading your blog..hope to see you when you are back..

sewing factory for sale
cut and sew factory near me

April 11, 2022 at 8:41:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home