Friday, March 23, 2007

Fruits n Veggies

Look at this glass..dont u think it is ugly? İ think it is..in fact,i personally feel that it is among the ugliest glass i have ever seen….

And i am the owner of that glass!! Hahahahah

I was in need of big size drinking glasses.. i saw these (4 of them).. thought…well..they were cheap (for a very obvious reason! Hahaha)…n so i bought it…i have been trying to break it for ages… but they just wont break!..only one managed to get a crack from the dish washer… so that is 3 more to go (so evil, arent i??)

But these glasses serve a wonderful purpose for me at home right now… they r the perfect container of this….


This bubbly orange yellowish colored bubbles

Which contains the important vitamins needed for growth esp if drunk immediately after being squeezed by…

This machine (yes! İt is back from the *machine hospital* :0)

Of a combination of these…. (oranges,apples n carrot)

To be drunk by these 2 kids
So that hopefully they will grow strong n healthy (with wonderful skin texture)
insyaAllah..

Who wouldnt want their kids to be strong n healthy right? Eating fruits....i dont have this eating fruits culture in me much... so i dont really make it a point for my kids to eat their fruits everyday...... Hatice Maşaallah... she asks for fruits whenever she feels like eating them... baddin on the other hand, even if i force him to eat his fruits....it will be sooooo difficult...(am guilty for spoiling him)...so what to do? what to do??
My solution: the above pictures...force him to drink his fruit juice! Alhamdulillah... he is drinking his fruit juice willingly..provided it is with a straw :0)
What about eating veggies? Kids eating green veggies? nightmare to make them huh? hatice again...she is easy..u tell her to eat something... she eats it... even if she doesnt like it... besides, at school, they do feed her veggies...since she usually comeshome with the *yemekhane yıldızı* (star of the eating room).. i am not so worried of her..Baddin? For yearssssssssssssit was only mixed soup...later..it was pilav (rice) with köfte n ketchap...but he will be starting school in a couple of months as well... he needs to eat his veggies...if i dont start now..he wont eat it later at school...
So for the last 2 months... in stages... i first forced him to eat his yoğurt... it was battle upon battle...how many times he had to get detention until he agreed to finish his yoğurt... how many times this yengeç (cubit) got to him...how many times i had to scream for him to eat his yoğurt... it was a nightmarish war..in which he realized after some time that anne will be as *inat* (stubborn) as he was... n that until he surrenderred n be a good boy... the battle would go on... YES! I won! now he is accepting his yoğurt everyday without much fight (even though he doesnt like it)...
Next: *kabak* or zuchinni squash u call it in english... ..it is good for helping u to *go* for ur big project... not so much of a battle... coz he kindda like it esp it i mix it up with yogurt....
his words :*köfte gibi tadı* (it tastes like köfte) hahaha it certainly does not..whatever!as long as he is eating his veggies...
Very recent project: Spinach....that is a bit tricky of course coz spinach is not a delicious veggie... very healthy
(simah singing..*i am popeye the sailor man... i am strong to the finish coz i ate my spinish coz i'm popeye the sailor man)
...but spinach tastes quite yucky... pahitttt...
So i make sure i buy the spinach from my fav baby spinach seller from pazar (the best spinach)...cook it as least as i possibly can (not totally soft n soggy like halil like to...too soft n the vitamins will all go away..) ..n feed hatice n baddin with yogurt (usually turks eat spinach with yogurt..a cultural thing)...
baddin said:*ispanak ....ispanak gibi tadı* (the spinach..it tastes like spinach* *chuckles...
u should have seen both of their faces.... hatice knew that she had to finish it... painfully n slowly, she did finish it..everytime...... coz she knows that spinach also helps her to let *go* easily... baddin too....painstakingly trying to finish his plate of his spinach dish..
i do pity them.. but i have to do this for their own sake...at least they r lucky coz they r not living in malaysia..else..i would have feed them ulam as well coz i strongly believe that ulam r very healthy esp to make ur skin not problematic..
Dear hatice n baddin... u may not see the logic behind me doing all these yet..but once u both grow up..u will thank anne for forcing u to eat ur yoğurt..ur kabak..ur spinach..ur fruit juice n whatever else anne plans to feed u both in the future hehehe... my poor liltle angels...:0).
One of my obvious aims is: to make my kids both taller than their mom!! hahahahahaha
Have a nice weekend everyone!
Dont forget to smileeeeeeee

Thank You for hopping by...Hope to see u again the next time..

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pan fried zucchini,aubergine,green peppers,makan dgn yogurt yg telah diletak bawang putih cincang sikit,sedappp!Ispanakli borekpun sedap atau buat spinach soup.

March 23, 2007 at 2:16:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah I pun not a vege person...haha...fruits I will eat no problem.

March 23, 2007 at 2:29:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Mama Sarah said...

bagus juga you disiplin anak2 makan berkhasiat.

March 23, 2007 at 2:59:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger  Lee said...

Hi Simah, As I eat to live and not live to eat, I'll just leave here a smile for you. Lessons I learnt from my mother:

My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE:
"If you're going kill each other, do it outside, I just finished cleaning!"

My mother taught me RELIGION:
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL:
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

My mother taught me LOGIC #1:
"Because I said so, that's why."

My Mother taught me LOGIC #2:
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

My mother taught me FORESIGHT:
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

My mother taught me IRONY:
"Keep crying and I'll really give you something to cry about."

My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS:
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper!"

My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM:
"Will you "look" at the dirt on the back of your neck!"

My mother taught me about STAMINA:
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is finished."

My mother taught me how to solve PHYSICS PROBLEMS:
"If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you; would you listen to me then?"

My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY:
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times don't exaggerate!!!"


My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION:
"Stop acting like your father!"

My mother taught me about ENVY:
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do!"

My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION:
"Just wait until I get home."
Have a nice day, Simah. UL.

March 23, 2007 at 6:15:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Faizah said...

Buah-buahan mmg bagus untuk kesihatan..

March 23, 2007 at 8:26:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simah,

I have been experiencing difficulties to leave comment here, :(

Anyway do you know that for some time there was a trend here to sell air buah gelas besar? Di Tj Lumpur here, ada kedai jual all kinds of fruit juices in giant glasses. Delicious!

You're a good mom Simah! And you have so much energy!

March 24, 2007 at 1:40:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger anggerik merah said...

Simah dear,

carrot + orange + apple juice is our everyday juice. Tapi tak buat sendiri...asyik beli saja..Fruit juicer just stay where they are..heheh..in the cabinet.

March 24, 2007 at 3:29:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger silversarina said...

rumah I dari kecik sampai besar hanya makan sayur yang tak dimasak esp cucumber/salad/carrot , sayur lain lambat laku...buah apa saja laris di meja.

March 24, 2007 at 6:59:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Kiah Kardashian said...

rajin buat juice. saya malas nak buat sebab kena potong potong and then kena basuh juicer. LEceh. Tapi hang mmg rajin...anak punya pasai semua boleh kan

March 24, 2007 at 12:17:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger demonsinme said...

Melady Simah:

A gift for you.

Bag, Sack, Rack

hey there traveller vexed,
relax,
it's the only thing you can pack,
when trudgung in a world mastered by a man made of wax,
now sit is what you have to do next,
free your bag and put it in my sack,
give it to me so I can put it on my rack.

vexed traveller,
eat as I know you are haunted by hunger,
as I know every traveller is also a hunter,
looking for the mystical beast no mind can figure,
to give you strength traveling in the path of meander,
that the hunger would set you lost in anger,
and ends you as a meal cook on a sweet fire.

I know, I know it's a heavy bag,
I know, I know the content is no hag,
but you really should put it in my sack,
and you really should put it on my rack,
it would really make you relax,
and free you from the contunious vex,
I should know for I am the paver of every traveller's track.

March 24, 2007 at 6:46:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kak nora
********
i love those too..but halil n i r both supposedly on diet remember? hehehe yağlar yasak sayılır :0)

türk yemeklere yapiyor musun evde?
--------------------------------

kak elle
*******
fruits gamaknya nampak lagi interesting kot dari veggies.. tu yg ramai tak suka veggie.. :0)

-----------------------------
mama sarah
**********
anak i dah lama terabai hehe tu yg kena start sekarang...better late than never kan? :0)

--------------------------------
uncle lee
-******
it does make me smile..thanks 4 sharing it with me... *that mother* is wise definitely :0)

--------------------------------
faizabelle
*********
true
:0)

---------------------------------
Dith
****
iyea ka? gamaknya kesedaran minum air buah kat mesia dah tinggi kot?akak suka minum air buah yg mana?

saya suka kalau air buah dengan ais..loads of it (the ice is the unhealthy part).. :0)
-----------------------------------
anggerrik merah
*************
mesti ur fruit juicer tu menjerit habis..*use me..use me** heheh

beli ka buat sendiri ka..asalkan minum air buah..tu yg penting kan :0)

--------------------------------
loveujordan
*********
betul tu akak..
memang sayur susah nak laku la.. saya pun heran ...

---------------------------
zakiah
*****
saya pun malas jugak..tapi tu la... anak punya pasai..buat jaaaa... :0)

--------------------------------
demonsinme
*********
thanku for that lovely poetry kind sir :0)

March 25, 2007 at 10:10:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Mama Rock said...

of course they will be taller than their mom...father's gene ada skali :)
mama malas nak buta juice sebab tak kuasa nak bersihkan juicer..LOL!

March 26, 2007 at 6:06:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home