Friday, April 18, 2008

My mumbling tonite...

I make it a routine for my kids to listen to Yaasin almost every nite on the mp3 ...esp after the grandpa died... it helped them on the road to recovery a lot....taking turns on who will listen first every nite...

But tonite... baddin begged me.....

*anne... bu akşam dinlenmessak?*
Anne... can i not listen to it tonight?

I softly said in turkish...

*But baddin... u know that ur soul needs eating... physically u have eaten... but what about ur soul? Do u want ur soul to be hungry?*

Contemplating on what to say next... he softly agreed with my points and took the headphone from my hand...

*Ama anne... xxxx doesnt listen to yaasin....xxxx's soul must be hungry then?*

hmmmm...he has a thinking mind indeed....i am glad...

and a very typical trait of Sabahaddin...(just like the grandpa who shared the name).....very careful of the goodness of his health....his dad just told him a few days ago that enginar (artichoke) is very good for health....to help him run faster (he is fanatic about running)... so now he kept asking me to cook him enginar!! hahaha

I called home today as well...2 days later will be my dad's birthday... i just hope i wont forget to call him then (as i keep forgetting every year! hahahaha..anak bertuah!!)..when i asked my mom to ask my dad what he wants from turkey.... he replied from far....

*I dont want anything... just come home!*

Ah...so typical of my dad.... i thought of giving him a silver ring...to be given to him when we meet face to face....my mom is already giving her orders of what she wants... alahaii... lemah lutut! hahaha....boleh cancel tak balik mesia?? *wink*

Forgive me for talking too much of going home... i must be boring u with my mumbling... it is only that i dont get to go home often... n when i do have the chance... it is a big happening in my life... so bear with me ey?
*****************

I havent got the chance to read baba's autobiography in full...... but i did read the part when he talked about his family...well... specifically of..my beloved, my kids n myself naturally... curious of what he had to say...

What i discover is this....

**** he talked about how halil approached him unexpectedly about our love... i think i had written an entry on it during summer 2007...as for our wedding in malaysia... he mentioned something about my parents as warm people esp with visitors...about our wedding...

****he talked about hatice.... mentioning about me breastfeeding her...(no bottle for her)..which somehow was a big deal for him...he mentioned about how beautiful her eye lashes r...of what a fluent speaker she is... of how she is able to read several Quranic verses with the mother as the teacher... i think he was proud of that fact...

*****he talked about baddin....about how he felt honoured that my beloved and i decided to name our son, his name... and i was actually smiling hen he introduced baddin as *zeynel sabahaddin*... even though my son's name is only *sabahaddin*..... baba was trying to be fair... my dad's name is *zainal*...in which in Turkish it is *zeynel*... so as to be fair..he had put my dad's name too in the printing... again he talked about my son being fully breast fed...well...i think i had breast fed both my kids for 5 years in total non stop!!

****he also talked about my beloved... i think he was really proud that during the intensive training at the military service, my beloved got first place in the exams...

i am not really emotionally ready to read the whole book..i am sure i can understand the book quite well despite my not so good turkish......i am just not ready....i will one day... just not yet...as for now... i just look at the pictures...

but what i dont understand on one thing is... after completing his ph.D.. he was offered the visiting scholar status by both cornell university and harvard university... and he decided on cornell....by prestige... i think harvard is much more prestigious... but he decided to go to cornell...it doesnt make much difference anyway i suppose... he turned out to be one of the most prestigeous professors in Turkey anyway... be it cornell or harvard...


Thank You for hopping by...Hope to see u again the next time..

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, even by reading the excerpt, you almost brought tears to me. I am sure it will bring so much memories when you start reading that you will be overwhelmed by emotions.

Take care dear and I hope you look forward to your overdue trip. Remember to eat!!! *winks*

April 19, 2008 at 4:18:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Alinlai said...

hang translate la to english version :) bleh jual oooo... bleh kami pun beli dan baca.

April 20, 2008 at 7:46:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makcik,
Today's sunday - udah call ur bapak? hehehe...semoga dia dipanjangkan umur, dimurahkan rezeki & diberkati Allah sentiasa.

Ha, ye lah - klu ada english version yg non-hardcover mampu jugak kita beli utk dibaca!

BTW, dress tu bukan terlebih lawa ke? Hehehehe...mcm you je yg nak kawin lagi? *larikkk**

Countings the days my dear.....
Ps/: I ada hot-story to tell but then nanti2lah....Hehehe-rad-

April 20, 2008 at 12:13:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah sorry I miss few entries is baba memoir in english or turkish?glad he mentioned each and everyone of you:)

wah baju macam baju glamour lah...kalah pengantin nanti....hehehe

Happy birthday to your father simah.

April 20, 2008 at 3:44:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger simah said...

ms istanbul
***********
eat? that is my one n only aim in Malaysia!! hahaha thanks dear :0)

yes... to read that book will bring tears to my eyes definitely... thus d postponement..

------------------------------

alinlai
******
hehehe aku nak translate? hang tau tak betapa tebalnya buku tu??
i will bring forward the idea to the publisher...

---------------------------
rad
****
me too...counting the days...thanks 4 d reminder... isnin i call my dad.... :0)

ntah la makcik... nanti i kasi idea u all kat publisher... semua jualan buku pi charity....so eveything will be all in the name of goodness ...

-----------------------------
kak elle
*******
dalam bahasa turkish akak....

thanks... akak..

esok call my dad nak ckp happy birthday! :0)

April 20, 2008 at 9:41:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

coach factory outlet
canada goose outlet
longchamp handbags
gucci belts
nfl jerseys cheap
kate spade handbags
cheap ugg boots
ray ban sunglasses outlet
ralph lauren polo outlet
michael kors outlet
20171.6chenjinyan

January 6, 2017 at 9:19:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home